http://www.hypster.com/framer.aspx?next=http%3A//www.hypster.com/

go diego go!

Thursday, September 29, 2011

The Potty

I just realized We are moving and will not have any internet for ..I dont know actually could be a while.  Ok I have known for a whole monthe that we would be moving but I forgot about all the change the electricity and gas and water and internet and stuff.  Hence another not sunday writing. which by the way our last sunday went surprisingly well!!!  pretty terrific to be honest!  Josh texted with an I told you so aout 10 mintues after 4, well it technically said he wasnt done yet and didnt think we should go but I knew what he meant.  I was about to get a little upset and tell him we have spent the past hour getting a salad together and keeping these kids clean (caleb had changed clothes twice just sinc being home) we are going to go somewhere so my efforts can be appreciated.  instead olivia asked to talk to daddy and said "Daddy, I want to meet your teacher."  It worked so well I might have to use that one again.  We were the only people there with small children and never have my efforts been so noted and appreciated.  there is something to be said about taking young children to a dinner party where everyone is drinking- it dosnt matter what your kids do or how they act everyone seems to love it and even circle around the kids like they were the entertainment. 
    My topic of discussion tonight is one I love to talk about and will probally have several other posts talking about the many other dynamics of The Potty.  First of all I will give a note of advice to all those without children:  Never in all your criticizing you do and will do (dont worry we all did) of other parents you see ever say the words "well I will never do that"  I can guarantee you those are the things that most definately you will do.  One of those many promises I made to myself like that was that I would never use the term "potty".  ewww!  it sounds so gross!  But then you start to teach your first child how to use the bathroom and the term is potty training.  I still tried to say "do you need to go to the bathroom?"  but you dont just ask that several times a day you ask it several repititions in the same minute to make sure they heard you and then again to see if the answer is different well again cause they might change their mind and now that they have been thinking about it they might actually have to go ok now I am going to add the words lets try in the sentence maybe I can convince them to just try and go, I will say it one more time and remind them about the last time and how it felt icky and how they have to change out of their favorite tutu and how upset I was with the wet icky carpet.  Ok now that I am convinced they dont need to go I am going to remind them what they should do if they feel the need to go and who they should come get and what they should say...and There!- in one minute you are so dang tired of say "go to the bathroom"  that many times! it is possibly the shortest habit breaking event in history after one minute you are now saying the word potty.
   So my kids are doing pretty good about the potty use but my question today is when do they learn to flush it?  I know it was a part of the ritual when I trained them but I still never know what I am going to find when I walk in.  It has had to become a must to check in there whenever a guest asks to use the bathroom.  Is this normal?  I hope my remember to do it at school!  So the two year old little boy who seems to be perfectly content in his method of potty going in his diego pullups which he frequently does while singing the diego theme song.  He has now taken it upon himself as the flusher and thinks that this is his only business in the bathroom. I will even see him sometimes using the plunger in there and then when he sees me will say "its stuck"  or occassionaly he will be cleaning it out with the scrubber.  I just hope and pray I have not missed any of these moments so as to clean up appropriately. And I am glad the bottles of soap say kills 99% of germs even if theyre lying it makes me feel better just to see that and feel a little safer when I feed him a PBandJ after wards. So as long as the bottles keep saying 99% I guess I will continue to let him be plunger boy and flusher kid! and I hope someday he will learn more of what the potty is all about cause this diego business needs to be flushed!

No comments:

Post a Comment